Monday, March 7, 2011

A local favorite: Piece Brewery & Pizzeria


Image © smartshow.org

Name: Piece Brewery & Pizzeria
Location: Chicago, IL (Wicker Park)

This weekend I headed down to Wicker Park to visit Piece Brewery in celebration of a family birthday! While I wouldn't necessarily go there for the design or decor, the food and beer were off the charts. We started off with a few order of chips and homemade salsa which were simple and flavorful. The true show stopper, however, was the beer and pizza (rightfully so, considering the name of the place.) The pizza has a bubbly, thin crust with a perfect mix of soft, chewy, light and crispy. The topping all tasted extremely fresh and their flavors were not masked by too much cheese or too much sauce. Since the stout was not available that night (which I had my heart set on) I decided to go with the Dark-n-curvy Dunkekweizen which was a German-style wheat beer with an amber hue and medium body. It was delicious! Our table also tried a few pitchers of the Full Frontal pale ale which was light and extremely refreshing.

All in all the meal was a success and the perfect place to enjoy a saturday night! I will definitely be back and might even try out the $25.oo pizza & growler deal one of these night.

Image © nerd city

1 comment:

  1. Looks good! I'll have to run by next time I'm in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...